WE ARE OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
CAFE SORREL is open every day serving delicious meals, excellent coffee and cake.
- All our herbs, fruit and veg are potted-up and grown-on in organic, animal-free compost.
- All sourced quality plants are grown in organic compost where possible.
- We use local suppliers and support independent and small businesses wherever possible.
- We never use synthetic fertilisers, hormones or pesticides.
- Any site peat is naturally river and lake washed, not dug from precious bogs.
- We limit the use of plastics and recycle wherever possible.
- HCGC is a unique community-led project, established 20 years ago and underpinned by organic principles, promoting sustainability through best horticultural practice and a respect for the environment.
- Our dedicated professional team are committed to promoting well-being through gardening, bringing specialist knowledge to best help and advise you.
- We encourage a wide and diverse range of wildlife into our 2 acre site and can help you share your urban and suburban environments.
- Our mission is to bring communities together through gardening.
- As a not-for-profit organisation we offer home-produced plants for the local community.
- We are foremost a volunteer and education hub, promoting horticulture and sustainability to schools, colleges and communities.
- We provide opportunities for individuals and groups, promoting a sense of well-being and offering benefits to health, through enjoyment of our safe, inclusive and inspiring space. A place to relax, learn and play.
HULME COMMUNITY GARDEN CENTRE
28 Old Birley Street
Manchester M15 5RG
Tel. 0161 227 8198
We are open...
Monday to Saturdays 10am to 5pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays 10.30am to 4.30pm